So we decided to test Blender’s ability to do motion graphics. So far it is doing a good job of handling basic text animation. I found myself creating work arounds for more complex motions during this project but that was not really a bad thing because I learned more about the program in the process.
Since we are still in the animatic phase of the commercial, I have not had a chance to drive into the graph editor yet to see how well it works. The little time I have spent in the dope sheet, I found it to be sufficient. It has its set of quirks that require getting used to.
Production of a promo video for QuD Beta features has started. It took more time than expected to figure out the best way to convert screen casts captured on a phone Nexus 5 to a format that could be mapped on a CG version.
We took the time to test a few techniques before committing to a style. It is a good thing we did. We ran into an issue with with objects causing incorrect shadows when stacked over a certain amount of layers.
This lighting and multi-layer test is an extreme example which shows the shadow problem has been eliminated.
Recently M3 was contacted by The Virginia Museum of Transportation to produce an Android version of its field trip activity book for 7th graders. Under regular circumstances producing an app has challenges, but this app needed to be completed and installed on 14 tablets in 3 days.