So we decided to test Blender’s ability to do motion graphics. So far it is doing a good job of handling basic text animation. I found myself creating work arounds for more complex motions during this project but that was not really a bad thing because I learned more about the program in the process.
Since we are still in the animatic phase of the commercial, I have not had a chance to drive into the graph editor yet to see how well it works. The little time I have spent in the dope sheet, I found it to be sufficient. It has its set of quirks that require getting used to.
Check back soon to see the finished spot.